The conceptRTE rich-text editor is an evolution of the Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor written by Kevin Roth.
ConceptRTE is a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor replacement for <textarea> fields. This is an alternate version of the original Cross-Browser Rich Text Editor that uses a browser based WYSIWYG interface for the non-HTML user to create contents for CMS applications or any web applications with publishing requirement. Multi-languages support and call from a PHP page are implemented to provide flexibility and simple installation.
ConceptRTE is a sub-project for the Content Management System ConceptCMS. ConceptCMS needed a WYSIWYG editor to replace the standard textarea form tag.
Kevin Roth's work was the best option for ConceptCMS, but some additional features were required to fit properly.
- Additional features :
- Choice between reduced interface or normal interface version (Version 1.03)
- Xhtml output compliant (Version 1.03)
- Improved compatibility (100%) of the editor with Internet Eplorer and Mozilla/Firefox (Version 1.02)
- Use of pop-up window to select and preview links for the A tag (Version 1.02)
- Use of pop-up window to select and preview images for the IMG tag (Version 1.01)
- Multi language support (Version 1.00)
- Insertion of graphical Smiley (Version 1.00)
- Use of pop-up window to select Foreground and Background Colors (Version 1.00)
- However, a number a feature were not required and have been removed:
- Spell Checker
- HTML code view
Be aware that this demonstration will not work with Php prior to version 4.1.0. However, ConceptRTE can work with Php, Asp, pure Html page and any Html pre-processor.